Centre Open 7 Days - a warm welcome and wellbeing services for all Seafarers visiting Sydney
Ready to give you practical care on ships and at the Centre.
Ph: +61 (2) 9241 3009
Open Mon-Fri 10:00 – 19:00 Saturday 11:00 – 19:00 Sunday 13:00 – 19:00
Free Mini-Bus Transport from Port Botany at 13:00; return 19:00
Need Support Now?
Someone to talk to
Our small team of Chaplains would like to help you make the most of your visit to Sydney. If you need someone to talk to, spiritual support or practical help such as transport, local advice or a SIM card, one of our Chaplains can help, seven days a week. Meet them on our bus, at the Centre or arrange a visit to your ship (Captain’s permission needed).
For mini-bus times see our timetable. To begin a chat or for more information, contact a Chaplain via WhatsApp or via Phone: +61 (2) 92413009 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A place to rest and recharge
The Mission to Seafarers is a great source of support for anyone working in the industry. We have been helping people like you for over 140 years.
At our Mission Centre we provide:
- Free mini-bus transport to our Centre and back to Port
- Excellent rates for cash exchange with no commission
- SIM cards to help reconnect with family
- Treats and snacks to remind you of home
- Australiana gifts for family members
- Basic pharmaceuticals and self-care items
- Access to free Wi-Fi + Computers
- Maps, tourist advice and discount tickets
- Café bar and cool drinks
- Hot shower
- Table tennis, table soccer and pool
- Translation services
- Free books, beanies and scarves
- Western Union Transfers
- A ‘pick up address’ for seafarers’ mail and parcels
- Musical instruments for ‘jamming’
Free eBook for Seafarers
How To Be A Successful Seafarer by Rev. Martin Otto is a handy tool for our seafarers whose dreams and aspirations remain steadfast during these extraordinary times. The biblical principles embedded in this practical guide help navigate through the exciting and challenging seas of seafaring.
At several Sydney Ports, we provide:
- On board visits to provide a listening ear and if needed, stress management, conflict resolution advice and/or prayer
- Delivery of essential goods such as SIM cards, toiletries and snacks if seafarers can’t leave their ships
- Gift bag deliveries in times of need and for special occasions eg Christmas
Need Other Help in Australia?
- Try Australia’s free Translation Service: Call: 131450 – and say your language.